Our staff has the regulation expertise needed in todays complex fastener industry, including REACH compliance, RoHS and RoHS 2 Compliance, Conflict Minerals and the Dodd-Frank Act.
Scott Wardlaw is the area's only Certified Fastener Specialist™ having passed the Certified Fastener Specialist Training at the Fastener Training Institute.
Classes Required for the CFS Designation:
• Fastener Specifications & Terminology
• Understanding the Bolted Joint
• Dimensional & Material Specifications
• Fastener Quality Assurance
• Fastener Testing
• Fastener Manufacturing Plant Tour
• Fastener Secondary Processes Plant Tour
Specialty Tool Ltd. Management Philosophy of Quality Assurance includes:
Proper use and identification of standards as applied to fasteners
outlined in a 20 page manual prepared jointly by the FEIG, IPI & NFDA.
Appendices I through VII including “Suspect Head-stamp Markings”.
Fastener Quality Act, P.L. 101-592 Nov. 16, 1990.
Enforcement standards for delivery of fasteners represented to meet various
1. EU Regulations which apply to Manufacturers shipping to the EU
a. RoHS and RoHS-2,Weee and ELV
2. Other non-“consensus standard” regulation
a. Dodd Frank rules on Conflict Minerals
b. DFARS 252.2255-7014 Preference for Domestic Specialty Metals